We were gifted some pears from a neighbor, so we racked our brains to try and figure out the best way to process them. Google led me to an article that said to put your pairs in boiling water for 15 – 30 seconds, then place in an ice bath. The skins would simply come off with rubbing!
We tried this and….. yeah No. Didn’t work at all. I tried a few says later, hoping the pears just weren’t ripe enough. Still didn’t work. So, we broke out the Pampered Chef Apple Corer. Peeling the pears was a cinch after that!
- 12 medium sized pears – peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup allulose
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 cup water
- Add all ingredients to the instant pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When done, quick release the pressure. Open lid when safe.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture until smooth.
- Simmer the sauce for another 20 minutes or until the mix is thick and when pushed with a spoon the mixture keeps the ripple from the spoon without filling back in.
Enjoy! I served mine on SOLA Bread – with only 4 net carbs, I can occasionally enjoy!